JAM – Just A minute
JUST-A-MINUTE (or JAM) is a fun event that is about the co-ordination of the mind and mouth. Can you make it through sixty seconds of non-stop talking without hesitation, repetition, or deviation? Or will the sheer pressure make you crumble and have your competitors pounce on you?
The participants will be divided into random groups in which they have to compete against each other and gain maximum points.
Get your creative strategies out!
1st Prize Rs. 2500/-
2nd Prize Rs.1500/-
- The JAM master is god. No questions or arguments once the final decision has been made.
- The fellow competitors can interrupt or object the speaker wherever they find the need to. The JAM master decides to what extent it is justified.
- You get a penalty if the competition objects on any of the following counts:
- You object out of turn.
- You stutter, stammer or even indulge in any “time-wasting tactics”. These include efforts to buy time like interspersing your talk with “uhh”, “aah” etc.
- Early start or late start.
- Speaking too fast or too slow.
- Grammatical errors.
- Undue stress on words or emphasis in the sentences.
- Repetition of a previously used word.
- Not following any “random rule” as set by the JAM master.4. The total time is sixty seconds for each group exclusive of the time used up during objections.
- Points are given in the following manner:
- Positive points for every second that you speak.
- Positive points for every correct objection.
- Negative points for every incorrect objection.
- Bonus points for being the first and the last speaker.
- The one with maximum points at the end of rounds will win.